1. Respecting your privacy
1300 Pickup Service is committed to compliance with privacy laws which apply to its business and which set out standards for the management of personal information, including the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
This policy outlines our personal information management practices for all aspects of our business in Australia including from our relationships with customers, drivers, operators, users of our services and others who may contact us or about whom we may be provided with personal information.
Specifically, this policy outlines:
- the kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect and hold it;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
- your right to access and seek correction of it;
- how you can contact us to discuss/complain about a privacy issue.
- your personal details such as your name, addresses (including email addresses and website addresses), telephone numbers and the same details of the person for whom you are making a booking.
- A confirmation# number which we allocate to you when engaged in services which we provide or services procured or booked using our services;
- what, how, when and where you have engaged in services which we provide or services procured or booked using our services;
- details about your stated or likely preferences and your experiences with services which we provide or services procured or booked using our services;
- details about your membership in any loyalty programs;
- whether you have a connection with others whose personal information we may collect or hold, for example family members;
- if you use social media or a mobile device to interact with us, any information that you allow the social media site or device to share with us; and
- depending on the nature of your dealings with us or the services which we provide to you or which you may obtain or make available to others using our services, other types of personal information. Examples are:
- where you are involved in providing transport-related services, identification, taxation, government or regulatory identifier (such as drivers licence details), and vehicle and insurance details;
personal information relating to any complaints you make or are made about you, including recording of any calls in that regard;
- personal information collected and held via financial or payment systems about the payment mechanism or method that you might use (including credit card details) and the payments you may make for our services or any services procured or booked using our services; and
- you communicate with us online;
- you take part in our promotions, competitions, testimonials, surveys and focus groups; and
- you deal with us in other ways involving a need for personal information to be provided such as when you contact our call centre, fill in a form, log into our website or application or make a complaint. We may record all calls and so collect any personal information provided during such calls.
- from other suppliers who, in common with us, have a relationship with you or have information about you;
- from those to whom we have given access to our online sites (such as through application programming interfaces);
- from those we regard as our business partners, our other customers or our driver partners;
- from publicly available information and from third party ratings and feedback.
- in connection with transport-related services by:
- providing customer’s and driver’s personal information to each other in connection with the arrangement of specific transport-related services and to facilitate communications between drivers and customers;
- facilitating the search of any missing property which may have been left behind by a customer in a driver partner’s vehicle or assisting with any police or regulatory enquiries;
- to process and facilitate your payment for goods and services, including as required by law;
- for direct marketing (see question 5 below);
- for verification of your identity;
- to develop insights about you or to personalise your offerings or experience in using our services or services of our third party business partners, including drivers or to assist our service providers and third parties to conduct data analytics;
- for research and development or to improve goods and services, for example in connection with safety and security and preventing fraud;
- where you are involved in providing transport-related services, for criminal history and background checks (including verification of health information) and other manual processing checks regarding the verification of drivers and vehicles;
- to assist in dispute resolution, investigating complaints and in enquiries and support;
- as required or permitted by law, court order and any government, law enforcement or other regulatory body.
2. What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. When we collect and hold personal information, it is of the following kinds:
3. How do we collect and hold personal information?
When we collect personal information about you, we do so by making a record of it. We do this when:
When you visit our electronic sites, such as websites or applications, we may also collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, for example using “cookies” and other similar technologies. There is information available about how cookies work and how to change your browser’s cookie preferences. For example, see
Most of the personal information we collect and hold about you is from your direct dealings with us, for example information you tell us or information we learn directly from your dealing with us or our partners, e.g. through “cookies”.
We may sometimes collect your personal information other than from you directly. For example,
Our contractors and service providers who perform services for us, such as payment processing, fraud management, marketing, data analytics and identity verification and background checks may also provide us information about you.
Personal information we hold is generally stored in servers and other computer systems. These may be operated by us or by our service providers. In all cases, we have information security requirements aimed at minimising risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information.
4. Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
When we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information, we do so primarily in connection with the provision, sale and promotion of goods and services which we provide or are provided or procured using our services and to improve on and enhance the range of those services and offerings.
For example, we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information:
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes which are within reasonable expectations (these may relate, for example to acting on your requests; our involvement in relationships between customers, drivers and third party suppliers of goods or services to you) or legal reasons (for example where permitted by law).
5. Direct marketing
We may also collect, use and disclose your personal information to supply, advertise and promote goods and services which may be of interest to you, including through email, SMS, post, phone and also targeted and online marketing and advertising. This includes the products and services of our suppliers and other third parties who offer products and services that may be of interest to you.
We may disclose your personal information to these third parties and their and our marketing, promotions and advertising service providers for this purpose and you consent to receiving these types of direct marketing and commercial electronic messages. You may opt out of our direct marketing to you (and our direct marketing materials will tell you how to do this).
6. How can you enquire about, access and correct your personal information?
We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances permitted by law). If you wish to access your personal information or have an enquiry about your privacy, please contact us at email@example.com. You can address your queries to the Office Manager. Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity. We may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to your personal information if your request requires substantial effort on our part. If you need to correct your personal information, please contact us.
7. How can you complain about our management of personal information?
If you wish to complain about a breach of the privacy rules that bind us, you may contact us by phone or email. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it. We may discuss your complaint with our personnel and our service providers and others as appropriate. We will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way. We will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If we do not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and no other complaint resolution procedures are agreed or required by law, we will inform you that your complaint may be referred to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner for further investigation and will provide you with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s contact details.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take reasonable steps to prevent the personal information we hold about you from misuse, interference or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This includes the use of technologies and processes such as access control procedures, network firewalls, encryption and physical security to protect the privacy of your personal information. However, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude and limit our liability to you in respect of any breach of security or misuse, interference or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of your personal information.
10. Other privacy terms and limits of this policy
This is a policy. There may be additional privacy notices and terms relevant to you depending on the nature of your dealings with us and on our particular businesses.
11. More information
1300 Pickup Service
ABN 71 879 117 504
1300 742 587
Current as of: 9 September 2020.
T and S
Terms and Conditions
When making a booking with 1300 Pickup Service, whether by phone, online or by email you agree to the following terms and conditions and authorize 1300 Pickup Service to charge your credit card in full for all charges relating to your reservation, including, but not limited to charging in full for the reservation should you be considered a “no show”
Flight Arrival Times
1300 Pickup Service monitors all flight arrival times to ensure that your chauffeur is at the terminal when you disembark your flight. Regardless of how long your flight is delayed, normal waiting periods commence from the actual flight arrival time, not scheduled flight arrival time. If your flight is cancelled, please notify your chauffeur or our office immediately.
Complimentary Waiting Time at Airport
1300 Pickup Service provides 15 minutes complimentary waiting time for Domestic Airport Arrivals and 60 minutes for International Airport Arrivals. The driver will wait a further 10 minutes for domestic arrivals and a further 15 minutes for international arrivals before considering the booking a “no show”. You are required to contact us by phone or email if extra waiting time is required as charges may apply.
Waiting time for Point to Point Transfers
1300 Pickup Service provides 10 minutes complimentary waiting time for point to point transfers. Your Chauffeur will wait a further 10 minutes before considering the booking a “No Show”. You are required to contact us by phone if extra waiting time is required as charges may apply.
For all transfers, a full cancellation fee will be charged in the event of a “no show”.
– We will always endeavour to accommodate our clients who require excess time with our vehicles. Within reason and where possible, the vehicle will be made available to your for as long as possible after the specified period of your reservation. Waiting / over time will be charged as per our individual vehicle hourly rates thereafter.
the cost of an additional hour charged in full
$16.50 per 15-minute increment after complimentary waiting time has finished + Airport parking cost (if applicable).
$16.50 per 15-minute increment after complimentary 7 minutes waiting time has finished}
– We will make every effort to get you to your destination safely and on time. However, occasionally, allowances must be made for unforeseen circumstances such as traffic, road weather conditions, illness, vehicle breakdown etc. We cannot assume responsibility for circumstances beyond our control. Should there be a vehicle breakdown or mishap rendering the reserved vehicle out of commission, we reserve the right to substitute a vehicle / vehicles. We will make every effort to supply an alternative vehicle. Should we be unable to provide an alternative vehicle, a prorata refund will be made.
Vehicle Damage & Unruly Behaviour
– If you or any person or part of your party damage or soil our vehicle, interior or exterior, including all fittings and fixtures, you will be liable for all costs incurred to rectify said damage. If you or any person or part of your party behave in a manner deemed unsafe, crass or damaging or your party is considered intoxicated, before, after or whilst en route, we reserve the right to terminate your reservation and evict you form the vehicle. No refund will apply. Seat belts must be worn at all times. It is prohibited & illegal to stand outside sunroofs. Vehicles cannot be loaded beyond seating capacity.
– Smoking is strictly prohibited in our vehicles.
Alcohol & Illegal Substance material
– Alcoholic beverages may only be consumed on route by persons over the age of 18 and where full responsibility is assumed by the passenger/s. We will not be held responsible nor liable for you or any part of your party consuming alcohol nor the consequences that may ensue. All alcohol consumption is your responsibility and at your own risk and you alone shall assume full liability. All illegal materials and substances are strictly prohibited from our vehicles.
Limits of Liabilities
– In all cases, 1300 Pickup Service owners, operators and chauffeurs / driver’s maximum liability shall be limited to a full refund of monies paid pertaining only to the trip in question. All care will be taken by us, but no liability will be assumed. No claim for Liquidated Damages, Consequential Loss, or any other shall be admissible.
– During peak times, we may use the services of other limousine companies. Although other companies will remain under our supervisions, they will be governed by their own operational guidelines & operate at all times under their own insurance policies.
1300 Pickup Service requires a minimum notice for cancellations:
Point to Point Transfers: 5 hours (or 24hours hours if early morning next day transfer)
Airport Arrivals: 5 hours (or 24hours hours if early morning next day transfer)
As Directed Hourly Hiring: 48 hours
Special Concert/Sporting Events: 48 hours
Weddings: 7 days
Vehicles that seat more than 7 Passengers: 72 hours
All cancellations made within these times will result in a 100% cancellation fee.
”No shows” will be charged 100% cancellation fee.
Changes to pickup times are requested to be made with a minimum 5 hours notice to ensure vehicle availability.
Rates / Pricing
Hourly Rates and Point to Point Rates are determined online as per the hours, vehicle or distance required. NYE quotes are subject to availability and only determined via our customer service team on application. Online point to point quotes do not apply to Special Sport/Concert events, Weddings, NYE or public holidays as surcharge pricing will apply for Public Holidays and Special Events, NYE and price will be provided on application only. Please note that rates quoted are inclusive of GST and Tolls.
Credit Card payments attract a 3% Service Fee on Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
Chauffeur gratuity is at your discretion.
1300 Pickup Service accepts payment by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Cabcharge and Corporate account payments. Monthly tax invoice statements and accounts can be setup for frequent travellers, please contact us on 0400510373 for any payment method enquiries.
Corporate Package Payment Methods
Agreed upon by 1300 Pickup Service and the Corporate Package recipient.
Please check for personal belongings thoroughly before exiting the vehicle. If items are left inside the vehicle, you are welcome to collect them from our depot. If the vehicle is required to return with the item, a fee will be calculated and charged based upon the particular vehicles hourly rate. We will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to any personal belongings.
These terms and conditions are current and also available on our website firstname.lastname@example.org